Sunday, October 11, 2009

Update on MRI and CT clinicals

This past week I got a competency on an MRI C-spine. I am now understanding that a lot of the procedures are set up the same way, but I'm still trying to understand how to revise the protocols that are already in the computer if we have to do any additional views, etc. MRI is still extremely complicated, but I am slowly getting it.

I am still trying to study for my CT boards, so I'm still working on the Toshiba CT scanner on Mondays. The Toshiba scanner computer is not hooked up to the automatic injector so the delay times are not shown on the computer screen. I feel that having this feature challenges me to remember the delay times of each exam. I also feel that since I am working at an outpatient facility, I don't get to see as many exams as I would like. Most of the exams I see are basic chest, abdomen, pelvic, and head CT's with the occasional PE chest, extremity, and soft tissue neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment